Friday, August 21, 2009

Boston

So, I'm not sure if you all knew, but Boston is the most awesome city ever! I love it! Since my sister moved there almost 4 years ago, I have had the opportunity to visit multiple times! Every time is just a little better! There is always something new to do or see! It is definitely my favorite city!

Of course I would love my sister to live much closer to me, but if she has to live someplace else, she did a good job picking a pretty cool place! If you have never been, you must go! The history is amazing! As are the museums, parks, culture, architecture, people, shopping, food, and tours! There is just too much to say about such a fun city. It's only down fall I would say is that it is NOT fun to drive in. You have to just park in the suburbs and take the trains! Much easier. You don't have to deal with traffic and you get the whole experience! I love it!

This past week I got to go visit again. I miss my sister so dearly, so I really look forward to anytime we have together. This time we got to be part of a small reception that Adam's parents threw in celebration of their wedding (Yes, Trish eloped... I was upset at first, but seeing how happy she is... all is forgiven! I only want for her to be happy, and Adam is AWESOME). And can I just say that his parents are probably the nicest people that I have ever met. They are so kind and hospitable. They just make you feel so welcome. I love them too! I got to meet lots of Adams family and celebrate with them. It was so nice. Hot... but nice.

We also went to the New England Aquarium. That was really cool. Fish are so interesting and beautiful... well most of them anyway. Some of them were actually quite ugly and a bit frightening. There was also an amazing sea turtle there: Mertle. She was huge! Weight 550lbs and had the most amazing shell. I have pictures, but haven't got them off my phone yet. It was very cool!

Pretty much the whole time we just spent hanging out with my sister, her husband Adam and friends and family. Every night we stayed up late 1am or so, and then spent all day the next day together too. I just love my sister so much, I wanted to squeeze every second I could with her. We had a great time and I didn't want to leave.

On the way home Jason and I stopped at Niagara Falls. That was the whole purpose of us driving out this time. It was very beautiful and absolutely worth the stop. I would love to go again for a weekend and do all the fun sightseeing attractions like the Maid of the Mist, IMAX, Helicopter ride, Observation Tower, etc. This time we just took the scenic trolley around to multiple stops, had lunch at the Top of the Falls, and then headed out. It was enough after spending a week in Boston... I was ready to be home and to sleep in my own bed. Now that I've rested up, I'm ready to do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment